SERVANT LEADERSHIP by Oscar Bonga Nomvete
1. Servant leadership is getting a servant heart that seeks to represent Leadership from God's perspective.
2. A heart that is driven by the desire to give...not to greedily get get get.
The heart of God is a giving Heart - He gave to the world his son.
three. A servant heart is the condition of the Heart - An Attitude. A mind set.
4. Self Centred Leadership is also an attitude.
Self centred leadership recognises "me" as the final authority above all. Servant Leadership recognizes the higher authority of God. Servant Leader is a steward of leadership to the authority above it. Jesus was a Servant Leader, He said: "I do only what the father tells me to do."
God is usually searching for leaders who have capacity to take orders. Not leaders who do what they like but those who will do what He wants.
6. God takes Servant Leadership seriously
Moses got disqualified from leadership after he acted in his own authority. Saul was disqualified as a leader following he acted in his own authority.
7. A Servant Leader is a servant to two parties: to God and to the Men and women.
He understands the discomfort of the men and women. He is driven by the require to meet their need to have but he will not do it by his own method.. rather by a God given technique. Moses tried his personal method when he launched the Moses Ministry attempting to deliver Israel from Pharaoh, killing an Egyptian Bully. But his efforts failed. So God took him to a School of Leadership for 40 years to take care of Jethro's sheep the priest of Midian. What was Moses learning in the Degree of leadership that took 40 years:
(i). Recognizing greater authority and
(ii). Taking orders.
A Servant is someone who has mastered two points:
(i). Capacity to submit to greater Authority and
(ii). Knows how to walk in humility.
What Moses achieved, we would call it a Master's Degree in Leadership, but God would call it a Masters Degree in Servantwood.
8. When a Leader operates on Self Authority, he is in the path of disobedience and consequently is already a failure. Why? simply because a path of disobedience is a path of failure.
Achievement is only guaranteed in the instruction of God. Half obedience equals no obedience. Both Saul and Moses were disqualified for half obedience not disobedience.
9. People with servant heart are not excellent individuals. They are imperfect folks who are obsessed to obey a Best God.
10. Driven by requirements about them not by selfish wants. Almost everything Christ did was driven by desire to serve God and Men and women. Phil 2: Being in the very nature of God but Christ made himself nothing taking the extremely nature of servant.
11. Self Centred Leaders are out to make a show, to make themselves wealthy and popular...becoming in very nature as sinners yet they position themselves above everyone else. They reject the grace that brings perfection in Leadership. They are seeking to be served and worshiped. They are motivated by ego, they are not motivated by humility. They get their definition of Leadership from Private Development not from God's Notion of Leadership – Servantwood.
12. Servantwood and Humility are inseparable like the sun and heat, like winter and cold, like sugar and sweetness. What qualifies the white powder to be sugar is its taste - sweet taste. If its not sweet then its not sugar. What qualifies a mere man or girls in the eyes of God to be a Leader is the ability to be humble. The proof of humility is treating other people higher than yourself. The proof of Humility is the capability to Reach out to Men and women.
13. Submission and Servantwood are twins. Each servant submits to his master. According to the Bible: Obedience is better than sacrifice.
14. Self Centred Leadership is characterised by self dependence. This is why God disapproves of self dependence, it excludes God. You can have self confidence but have no confidence in God. David had each self confidence and Confidence in God. He had a lot more Confidence in God than in himself.
Goliath stated "I will kill you boy". but David said " You come against me with sword and javelin but I come against u by the name of God of Israel". David recognized the strength of God and The authority of God. Instantly Soon after David recognized God, the terms of the battle had been changed. The battle was no longer Goliath against David, but Goliath against God. Each and every leader that puts God initial will succeed. God is not searching for ideal Folks or ideal Leaders. He is seeking for excellent Servants. David was not best but He understood the Authority of his God. Daniel 11:32 " They that know the power of their God shall be firm and do mighty exploits.."
15. CHARACTERISTICS OF SERVANT LEADERS:
Servant leaders are willing to humiliate themselves for God. Servant leaders are willing to serve God in His terms. Servant leaders delight in obeying God's instruction, they thrive on performing the will of God. (Such as David the Man right after God's own heart). Servant Leaders are willing to walk in integrity. Integrity = Incorruptibility. Jethro says to Moses: "Do not kill oneself with so significantly work, just elect leaders among the men and women, men of incorruptible character.
16. God is seeking for a heart that desires to serve him in his terms.
A person who will lay down all selfish desires. Saul allowed his ego to get on the way. Servant Leaders are willing to be rejected by individuals as lengthy as they have the favor of God. God rejected Saul since his Pride and Self Importance got on the way of what God was performing. God will use a Leader who feels the discomfort of the individuals - Ezra cried to God for the folks and God moved by means of him. God will use a Leader who hates what He hates and loves what He loves. If you hate sin and really like righteousness, you are on God's most treasured Leaders because He passionately hates sin passionately loves righteousness.
17. A servant heart is driven by adore:
Genuine Really like for men and women is the only reason why you would humble oneself to serve folks. Self enjoy is looking for reason why people ought to respect you, honor you and worship you. Jesus opposed Self Love. He said: The least will be the greatest.
18. Servant Leader is humbled towards God and in return God uplifts the humble and rejects the proud.
Mature leaders can afford to be humble.
19. The proof of Really like for God is serving people: "Peter if u enjoy me feed my sheep."
20. What is Leadership? - Leadership is the capacity to influence others through inspiration, Ignited by passion, guided by a vision, Motivated by Purpose.
Discover More Motivational Leadership Speaker Articles